Employers and Employees Love Wagepoint for Payroll!
2016 was a milestone year for The Art of Accounting. Besides switching our own bookkeeping processes to QuickBooks Online, we implemented several compatible apps to make our lives easier here at the office.
Over the last several months we have blogged about Hubdoc and T-Sheets and in our most recent blog, we shared Gisele’s experience with the QuickBooks Online Mentorship Program. One of the awesome little gems we discovered during those mentorship meetings was Wagepoint, a payroll software app that speaks directly to QuickBooks. Wagepoint is payroll automation simplified for small business. Yeah, baby… now we’re talking!
The set up process for Wagepoint was quick and painless and any questions we did have were easily answered by their friendly support team. Great customer service! Now that we’ve done several payroll runs with this new software, we’d like to share all the things that we love about Wagepoint.
From an Employer’s point of view:
- Direct deposit – that’s super easy to set up!
- Payroll calculations – with additional deduction, payment and income options
- Statutory holiday calculation
- Electronic Record of Employment (ROEs)
- CRA / WCB remittances
- Year end T4’s and T4-A’s
- Online paystubs – jump on the paperless train!
- Email invitation sent to employees to create their own login and manage their own paystubs and personal information
- Taxable benefits reporting, i.e. employer paid benefits
Here’s a glimpse of the employer dashboard. We love how easy it is to use!
What’s not to love? As an employee, I have:
- Paperless paystubs at my fingertips anywhere I have an internet connection (even my phone)
- Ability to modify my personal contact information at my convenience
- Ability to modify my banking information at my convenience
- Payday notification (like anybody could actually forget that it’s payday… but a great little feature for those rolling in dough and needing a little reminder)
Here’s a peek at the employee dashboard. Very user-friendly!
If you’re thinking about making the switch to Wagepoint, let us know! We’d love to show you how easy payroll can be. Nobody loves payroll, but now you can hate it a little less. Well, actually, at The Art of Accounting, we love payroll!